Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming the Commercial

When we got to class the first thing that we had to do was fill out the forms needed to check out the equipment such as check out a camera and tripod. Once we got the equipment, we had to change into our costumes for each scene. So Victoria put on her glasses as well as her Harvard hoodie, I had to change into my dance uniform and boot, and Jefferey had to change into his tracksuit used for performances.  Our first scene was shot on a softball field which was where Jefferey's scene was shot. Then we moved to the senior patio where Victoria's and I's scene was shot. The difference in location was where on the senior patio that our different scenes were shot. When we finished shooting the different takes, we moved back to the classroom where we had to dump the footage onto the computer.
During the acting filming part of the day, we all had different roles. We mostly split up the responsibilities. For example, there wasn't just one person in charge of moving the equipment, we would all carry a piece of equipment. However, my main job was preparing and shooting for my scene. I had to practice the perform choreography that was gonna be done in my scene, so while Victoria was shooting Jefferey's scene I would watch the equipment and practice. Then it was my turn to shoot my scene. Jefferey was in charge of the camera while I was acting. I had to perform myself messing up my routine, such as dropping my baton and forgetting choreography. I then also had to perform doing great after drinking the Gatorade, catching all of the tosses and performing the routine without hitches. The last thing that I did was put up one of the equipments that we used so I could return it to the teacher.
Even though we were able to get all the shots that we needed, we faced some challenges. On our way to the softball field, we realized that we forgot the Gatorade bottle that we needed to film. Knowing this while my partners went to go set up on the field, I went and got back and got the drinks. Another issue was timing. We realized that we had to be back in the classroom by a certain so we would have the chance to dump the footage so we were moving at a very pace. I then understood the reason why directors have a schedule for what time they are going to film the different scenes. The biggest challenge I would say is making sure to film at the same angles and movements in every scene. so it would take multiple takes to get into the same results. When we got back to class we were off schedule, so we had to rush to dump the footage on the computer. However, there were limited SD card readers so it took more time because we had to wait till another group was done dumping. In the end, we were able to film all of our footage and dump it on to a computer in one day. All that's left to do now is the actual editing of what we did. Hopefully, we won't have to reshoot scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment