Monday, November 25, 2019

Film Blog

Since we can film off of campus it gives us more creative room to make the video come together. We, however, have not started to film yet. Our plan is for Victoria, Jeffrey and Emilio to film at the mall and at Emilio apartment on Tuesday. Then on Sunday, we would all get together to fill the remaining scenes. The plan ended up changing because of our individual schedules. We were all going to meet up in class then film afterschool. I, however, have a volunteering opportunity so I won't be in school. Victoria has a function for her church and Emilio got sick. This means that only Jefferey was going to be at school. Then he told us that he had a shift to cover at his job, so he couldn't film in the afternoon. Because he is the star of the music video, if he can't be there, no film can be taken. So they rescheduled it for Wednesday. I work from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. so I won't be able to film again but I have taken time out for Sunday.
The process so far has been more challenging compared to the commercial project. As I have stated many times, dealing with the individual schedules makes getting the project done much more complicated. Because we filmed in class it wasn't much of a problem because we were always in class. However, I think getting to film off campus is much better because it gives us more room for creativity. Another challenge in this project is working with the amount of time for the video. We were told that the video has to be 1 minute and 15 seconds. This means that our storyboarding is longer, the editing process will be more difficult, and we will need many more takes to capture the video in the way that we want to. At the starting of this project, I stated that I think this project was going to be more fun than the commercial, and I look back at it now and I have changed my opinion.  I did not take into consideration how much more work the music video was going to be, so it was definitely a surprise. I do hope that once we start filming my views will change about this project though.
My role in this project is also bigger than in the last project. For the blogs that had to be the same for everyone, we implemented a system. We would find the information together but each person would take turns writing the blog and then send it to each other. I worked on one blog by myself and one with the group, the conventions blog. Another thing that I did was reach out to the locations to ensure that it was okay to film in that area. We still have a long way to go in this process, but it feels good to know that I am having bigger roles in the project than the last time. I also plan to be the director this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment