Tuesday, November 12, 2019

The actual editing of the blog

After the computers not working the first day, we were told to just write about what happened that day. The teacher then said that the computers would be fixed the next class period. However, things once again did not go as planned. When we returned to class on October 30th, the computers were still down. To be proactive what the teacher did that day was breakdown how the written test was going to be and have us practice it. Then into the next week pinnacle studios was finally working but only on half of the computers and sadly my group did not get the chance to use a computer that class period. On November 6th we were finally able to use a computer but it was a half day so our class time was shorten. Due to the amount of time we had, we were only able to upload the files onto the computer and import them into pinnacle studios. Today was the day we actually got the editing process done. Especially since today was the last day to work on the commercial.
Victoria was the person who was in charge of editing. What she did was have me  look at all of the footage that pertained to our scene. Then she had me choose which take we wanted to use in the actual commercial. Upon looking at all the takes we took we were able to come to a decision quickly since the scenes were taken well.  After we went through my scenes, she did the same thing with our other team member, Jeffrey. While she was choosing and putting together the different scenes our other team member searched up the music that we were suppose to put in the video. He looked up different versions of the song to see which one would fit into the commercial the best. Then once he found it he had to download it as an mp3 onto the computer. Lastly he emailed the music to Victoria and she was able to put the music with the different scenes. 
My job in this editing process was first figuring out how the different options for editing worked. The first thing I did was look it up online how to use a certain technique. I was not able to find what I was looking for because the information was about newer and older models of pinnacle studios. After that I decided to go to the teacher for help. She told me to bring the computer up to her and she would show me. When I went up there she brought me to the editing screen and showed me which tab to click on to get to where I wanted. The technique we were trying to use was the split screen technique. Once we pulled up the different templates on the computer Victoria was handed back the computer where she edited the split screen so we could all be seen drinking the Gatorade. The second thing that I did was check to make sure that we had everything we needed in the commercial. Our teacher handed a checklist for the things that needed to be in the commercial. For example we had to at least use two types of camera angles and one type of movement. When I looked at the checklist we had everything except a pan or tilt. By then we ran out of time so we were not able to put either of those in but our editing process was finally finished and we were happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment