Friday, January 17, 2020

Countdown to the Final

So the first time I wrote about myself I listed the general things about me. In this blog, I wanna show how much has happened between the first blog and now. As you guys know my name is Autumn and I am a senior at Fort Lauderdale High School. Since my first blog, I have entered a beauty pageant where I will be competing for the Miss Florida Teen USA. The competition is from January 16th to the 19th, and I must say, I’m excited but also nervous. Another thing that has changed from the first blog is my plans for the future. Because it's my senior year, it is time to start thinking about what I want to do with my life after I graduate. I have applied to 12 schools already and I got accepted into 6 of them. I made the decision that I wanted to stay in state for college so I narrowed down my list down and now I have my top three schools I want to go to. In terms of things that have changed in this class, the group that I have chosen for this project has changed. Victoria, one of the group members in the past projects, decided to leave the group.This means that only Jeffrey and I are in a group now.
I have learned a lot since I joined this class. This class has taught me a lot from pre-production, to filming,and editing. On top of teaching me the basics for this class, it has also taught me valuable life skills. Such as time management, responsibility, and having self-awareness. One thing that I was known for in past projects was coming up with ideas and methods to do things. So as I walk into this new project, I want to use my strengths to make a great film. I want to bring new I ideas to the group, however I want to work more on my time management skills. When I was working on the last project, I had many things going on like college applications, other classes, work, and my responsibility from my title. I never knew how to compartmentalize my different activities so I could do all of them. This time to help me out I cut back on some of my activities so it should be easier to handle my schedule.........

A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated into 25 words or less, usually within one sentence.

The three pitches we came up with are:
- A man subject to trauma from his past relationships meets the woman of his dreams; however, she was merely a  figment of his imagination manifested by the pain he endured.
- Considering his current state, a wanted felon is forced to take matters into his own hands when his daughter goes missing.
- After dying in a car accident, a man encounters an angel who offers him a second chance at life under one condition.



We were working over video chat to discuss our pitches.




















No comments:

Post a Comment