Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming and editing: A Rocky Start

So from my last blog, you heard me talk about how excited I was to start filming. Funny story actually, I am behind on my project. Now before you think I'm lazy, it technically wasn't my fault. So one thing to know about me is that my immune system is very weak if there is a chance for me to get sick, I will. It just so happens that I got sick again, however, this wasn't the normal cold that I was used to. I ended up in the emergency on the 12th of February. The Doctor said I tested positive for the flu. I must admit it was not my finest moment, I ended up being admitted for 3 days. It sucked having to spend Valentine's Day in the hospital. Anyways because I was in the hospital for those days, I was not able to start my storyboarding process which put me behind. I came back to school on the 18th and immediately went to work.
I just finished my storyboard today so I checked out my camera equipment. As I was checking out the camera I realized that I didn't really know what to do because in the group I didn't really handle the equipment. Now that I am by myself I am learning the process as I go. To help refresh my memory,  I went back to my first couple of blogs. The ones where we were learning how the camera works and how to use the tripod. I was supposed to start filming my first scene today but it was raining most of the evening, so I stayed inside. I did put my camera on the charger though that way I shouldn't have a battery issue during filming. Over the next couple of days, I will be filming nonstop so I have plenty of time for editing and reshoots.
This is me finally having my equipment so I can start filming 

No comments:

Post a Comment