Thursday, February 27, 2020

Filming Blog: Just when I thought things couldn't get worse

So Monday was a good filming day because I filmed a lot of footage. However, when I went to transfer my files to a flash drive, I was running into all sorts of problems. The videos were too large to send on an email, or I would have to save the videos to my files on my phone then transfer them on to the drive. Then my next problem would be that I run out of storage and the couple videos I got on the drive wouldn't play so there was no way for me to edit.  Basically, all the footage I filmed couldn't be used. Our next filming day was on Wednesday. We filmed the scene of him being in the back of the ambulance and that worked out great. We got all the shots we needed in record time too. Moving the equipment was definitely difficult but we got it done. The next time we were supposed to film was today. But of course, the universe was against me.
So we were set to film after school today and we're on a timed schedule, to begin with, because I had an award ceremony to attend. This meant that I had to be back at the school by 6 p.m. So we first had to run errands, such as getting some props and waiting for one of our actors to reach our first location, the hospital. Then once we finished running our errands, we were on our way to the hospital when a car in front of us swerved into our lane and ran into the side of our car. None of us were injured but the back of the car was pulled off when the person kept driving on the side of the car, so we had to wait till the police showed up. Once they showed up we had to call the insurance company and discuss who was gonna pay for the damages. Once that was figured out it was time for me to leave, which meant the car we were going to use is now totaled and I got no filming done today. I would film over the weekend but I will be out of town. So my plan to edit my film a bit more in terms of the plot.

This is the state of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment