Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer review

I got to peer review a scary movie and I have to say, it was pretty interesting. I liked the plot of the story that they had. It definitely grabs the viewer's attention. Another thing that I liked was the camera angles and movements that they used. They were able to incorporate many angles and movements which added to the effect of how the movie should feel. They had good lighting all throughout the film so we were able to see them. My favorite part would have to be the props and makeup that they had. They had a scene where the killer wrote words in blood. They also had a scene where they showed a girl in a bathtub with blood all over her. They way they placed the note and the blood fit perfectly. However, there are a couple things that they could improve on. To start off the video was very choppy, it felt like I was watching different takes with no transitions. You could definitely see when one take was done and another started. A suggestion I would make is to add more transitions into the film so that it flows better. Another thing that I noticed was the sound. Some scenes the non-diegetic sounds would not match up with the diegetic sounds. To help with that I would suggest to level out the sounds, it was really the background noise that was mixing with the music so maybe turn down the background noise or turn up the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment